Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Waiting Game

I've spent my whole life waiting for summer to come and wishing it would never end. I love the sun, and I love being outside as long as I have some SPF 15 on hand. My anticipation for summer 2010 turned into contempt a few months ago when I received my acceptance letter from the Junta de Extremadura folded in it's fancy, official envelope. At first I felt like Harry Potter must have felt after he found out he was accepted into Hogwarts. Filled with excitement and wonder surrounding my impending adventure.

Now it's mid-August and I still don't leave for another five weeks. What is with Spain and doing everything late? They delay everything! The kids here in Lake County, Ca started school last week! I'm tired of the waiting. My fingernails have all been bitten off, my ankle is tired from tapping my foot so much, and the clock just can't seem to move slower!

So I'll be here waiting, spending ungodly amounts of time on the internet, and anticipating like the Rapture the end of September. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote this same post on my blog... lol I'm an Auxiliar in Malaga and I NEED for summer to END.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...same for this girl whose going to Bilbao...for the first time I'm ready for summer to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I understand this too! I'm going to Malaga soon - love the Harry Potter reference! :)

    ReplyDelete