Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Double Dose of Excitement

Today my visa finally arrived from the Spanish consulate! Although I somehow wrote my address wrong on the envelope. Oops! Could have turned out badly, but all is well.

Now the next thing I need to do is buy a plane ticket to Madrid... departing from Orlando. What? I know. You're probably thinking "but this kid lives in California..." My parents would like for me to take my car (read: their car) to their house in Florida as they are not satisfied with the vehicle they have there. They'll even pay me to do it. I jumped at the chance.

ROAD TRIP!!!

Yes, the great American adventure will be followed immediately by the great Spanish adventure. It's like the double feature at the drive-in, only more sitting in the car. I'll be going from northern California to Orlando, by way of Denver. I have 13 days to get to my flight to Spain, so it should be pretty fun. I'm going to Denver to visit my sister and her family who I haven't seen since she lived in New Orleans before Katrina. Other than that I don't have any plans for places to go.

This will be my first time seeing lots of the states I'll pass through, so I'm pretty excited, but who wouldn't be excited about Kansas? You're not human if you don't get a little riled up about Utah.

If you live anywhere along or near my blue line of destiny down there on the map, let me know! I'll most likely be looking for any excuse to stop driving.

Any tips for things to see along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment