Wednesday, September 8, 2010

At the Top of the Roller Coaster

Right now I feel like I'm at the apex of a roller coaster and I can finally see the track ahead. Today was my last day working for Safeway. It was fun, and I made some nice acquantances, but I got other things to do! It felt good to clock out for the last time at Safeway. One more milestone passed on the way to Spain. I was really lucky to have found a job there as quickly as I did, and I'm thankful for the chance to earn money while essentially living for free at my parents' house. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to afford to go to Spain if I had to pay rent for the last three months.

Moving to Spain is rapidly becoming real. The past few weeks I have tried to contain my excitement, but I'm packing up tomorrow, and kissing my mother goodbye so there's no more time to put it off. I have 3,000 miles of highway ahead of me with Tampa airport at the end.

Since my last post I've decided to take some detours along the way across the country. After I leave my sister's house in Denver, I'm going to drive through Omaha to visit my friend and former roommate Aaron who is at Creighton law school. Hopefully we'll be able to grab some beers and catch up the night I'm there. Monday night football maybe? From Omaha I'm going to visit a high school buddy Lawrence who is in St. Louis for med school.

My dad surprised me this morning with his generous offer of his laptop in exchange for my desktop. It'll come in handy and I'll take good care of it, Dad. My loving mother has hand-crafted me a version of her award winning photo albums to take with me to Spain so that I can have something to do with the photos I take. I'll be sure to add some trinkets to give it some Spanish flavor. They say they won't come visit me in Spain, but I have a feeling they'll be at Barajas before too long. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment