Saturday, November 13, 2010

Spain: Cheap Groceries and Castles

Groceries are so cheap here in Spain. Today I went to the store and bought:

1 bottle of Rose
1 bottle of Tinto de Verano
1 loaf of sliced whole grain bread
1 package of parmesan cheese
1 package of frozen french fries
1 loaf of fresh bread
1 dozen large eggs
3 breakfast pastries
1 package of sliced sausage for sandwiches

and the grand total? Under 9 euros! This would cost well over $20 in california, I'm sure of it.

Yesterday I went to a castle in the nearby town of Medellin. I arrived just before sunset and I was the first visitor of the entire day. I had the whole castle to myself which was really strange and awesome at the same time. The place was kind of eerie without people, especially the dungeon underneath.





All of the high school students from Medellin go to my school, so being a small town and all, I saw another student around every corner that I turned. They were all really surprised to see me in their little hamlet. I'm sure I'll hear all about it in school next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment