Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spain: Endless Commercial Breaks & Consistent Glassware

Every day during siesta, the tv networks show the news and then a movie. The movies they show are actually pretty good. The other day I watched Timeline, a sci-fi flick. While I was watching the movie, a commercial break came on that lasted 15 minutes. Apparently this is normal in Spain, but very strange to me. It seemed endless.

In Spain when you go out to a bar to eat tapas, all the bars have the same exact shaped glassware. Theres a tube one, and a short fat round one. It's bizarre to me that every bar would decide to have the same glassware.

One of my favorite new products to buy in the supermarket is this milk-juice concoction. It's like a smoothie without the ice. They have tropical and Mediterranean flavors, I've yet to try the Mediterranean.

I haven't heard one Christmas carol yet this year, and honestly I haven't missed them. Christmas shouldn't start in mid-November. The only clue I have seen that Christmas is coming is that they have started putting up the Christmas lights on the Avenida, but they haven't been lighting them up yet. It's nice to not have Christmas shoved in my face for once.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, because here in Bilbao, they've had the Christmas lights up since the first week in November! It's way worse here than I've ever seen in the states!

    ReplyDelete